This article explains why you need to write articles and publish them if you want to establish credibility on the internet and gain more traffic (and more sales) by flying under your prospect's built-in radar defenses against sales ads and sales letters. Get a copy of my traffic ebook (see it here) complete with website, graphics, and resell rights, or it makes a great gift for your new subscribers. Enjoy the article! Kindest regards, Donna Maher :-)
More by Jim E
Want a tool that can exponentiate your article publishing in the blink of an eye (well almost!) Take a look at Article Equalizer and see why you'll want this amazing article directory tool in your own arsenal right away.
Increase Sales By Flying Under Your Prospects' "Radar Defenses"
- by Jim Edwards
© Jim Edwards - All Rights reserved
How do you persuade someone to do what you want them to do?
A whole world of marketing exists around us trying to do that every minute of the day. Do you even notice it anymore or, like your prospects, have you subconsciously set up a system of "radar defenses" against the daily bombardment of marketing messages?
Take a minute and count up the advertising methods which fight for your attention (and money) every day. Just the basic list includes:
· Yellow page ads
· Newspaper and magazine ads
· Postcards, catalogs, and direct mail circulars in your "snail mail" box
· Radio pitches interrupting the flow of your favorite songs
· TV ads - about 20 minutes worth per hour now
· Hundreds of storefronts, "mega" malls, and strip malls
· Highway billboards by the thousands
· Circulars hung on your doorknob
· Illegal signs on stop signs and telephone poles
· Legitimate email messages
· Spam email or UCE (unsolicited commercial email)
Just these 11 sources can overwhelm your brain with marketing messages. Like trapped rats, people develop defenses against this never-ending onslaught. They throw up a wall or a "radar defense" that goes into action the minute they smell a "pitch" or a sales job. Don't blame them... We all do it!
So how can you, as an online merchant or affiliate marketer, get around this psychological wall against the constant sales and marketing messages?
Well, the answer does NOT lie in hitting people with more frequent and obnoxious advertising or sly, sneaky tactics. You might get them to trust you for a minute, but it will backfire in the long run.
You must do two things instead:
1. First, you must establish credibility for yourself and your business as an expert in your field or "niche" market.
2. Second, you must reduce your prospect's fears about doing business with you.
Doing these two things will get you past their defenses and allow you the opportunity to persuade them to buy your product.
So how do you accomplish these two "simple" things?
What will win someone's attention, raise your credibility, and lower their fear factor all at the same time? The one-word answer really applies to most everyone.
If you, as the marketer, can get behind their defenses with information which makes them trust you, then that credibility will carry over into a sale much of the time.
How can you get this credibility quickly?
Well, take this next fact as online marketing "gospel," for many, many people have proven its effectiveness.
Fact: Publishing and promoting with free articles gives you one of the most powerful opportunities available to tip the buyer's credibility scale in your favor.
How can I prove this works?
Quite easily actually! Take a break from reading this and go check out a newspaper or magazine for a minute.
Which do you trust more, the ads or the articles? Most people will choose the articles hands down. Why? Because the articles don't try to "sell" you anything. Instead, they hand out useful information for educational or other practical purposes.
Most of us grew up in a culture which says we can believe and "trust" what appears in the standard "news" or "information" format. In other words, if it appears in print, then we can believe and trust the author.
So go ahead! Use this lifetime of conditioning to your advantage in selling your products and services!
Very few things will create an atmosphere of trust and confidence in people as reading one of your articles on a subject that greatly interests them. It shows you know your business. It also demonstrates you will do more than just try to "sell" them something.
Publishing articles literally lets you fly under their advertising "radar defenses" by establishing trust and credibility.
So remember these points when deciding whether or not to use articles to promote your business:
1. Few things create as much trust and confidence in the minds of potential customers as reading an article you wrote on a subject which specifically and intensely interests them.
2. Articles establish credibility quickly because, right or wrong, we've all been trained to trust the "news."
3. An article, or series of articles, will differentiate you from the competition, who bombard people with nothing but sales messages and "pitches" while providing little useful content.
4. Providing content-rich, non-sales-oriented articles will also help build and solidify your relationship with existing customers so they give you repeat business... and also help you attract new customers and subscribers who find your approach a refreshing change to what they're used to getting from your competitors!
Jim Edwards is a syndicated newspaper columnist and the co-author of an amazing new ebook, "Turn Words Into Traffic" that will teach you how to use free articles to quickly drive thousands of targeted visitors to your website or affiliate link!
Click Here To Learn More ==> http://www.turnwordsintotraffic.com
Need MORE TRAFFIC to your website or affiliate links?
"Turn Words Into Traffic" reveals the secrets for using
FREE articles to drive Thousands of NEW visitors to your
website or affiliate links... without spending a dime on
advertising! Click Here> http://www.turnwordsintotraffic.com
Click Image To Visit Site
Note from Donna:
I hope you've enjoyed reading this article, and that it has convinced you to at least go see what Jim is talking about. His books and his audio products are fully guaranteed, and he is a very credible source of GOOD information on the internet. I trust Jim and I use his products. I hope you'll take a look and see why.... http://www.turnwordsintotraffic.com
Thanks for reading, and have a blessing-full day,
Donna Maher RN/Infopreneur
And if you want to exponentiate your traffic, and really see some outstanding results fast, visit TrafficTurbocharger. You will want this product as much as I did!
:::Article about Identity Theft:::Write Articles To Get Traffic:::Consumer Protection:::Word Counter Tool:::
:: :Character Counter Tool:::Be More Positive Article:::Get More Traffic- FREE List Building:::
Finally, an AutoResponder that does EVERYTHING you want it to! Affordably.
Or, just get the whole enchilada for only five more bucks!
Click and visit to see the huge benefits YOU will gain with ISOR.
Go Positively, Absolutely VIRAL (and make some CB commissions, too) with this FREE TOOL:
Learn how to send your spam to the US Government